Across the board, the 2017 Honda Accord cannot be ignored. Available in five trims (the base LX, Sport, Sport SE, EX, and EX-L) and as a two-door coupe, it remains Honda’s most polished package thanks to impressive fuel-efficiency numbers, a spacious interior, and incomparable ride quality. Still, everyone has their rivals, and the Accord is no different.
Inarguably the most-sold midsize sedan on the market, the Toyota Camry has been looking down on the rest in its segment for years. But the times are a-changin’, and with the 2017 Accord, Honda is setting their sights on number-one.
Labor Day is coming up, and we all know this means a well-deserved and long-awaited break from work is almost here! Yes, the perfect long weekend to take an enjoyable and relaxing vacation – that is, if you planned ahead. But who says staying in the comfort of your own home in the Naples/Ft. Myers are can’t be just as nice?
Planning and taking a vacation isn’t always as relaxing as it is made out to be. Between the scheduling of activities, travel costs, and stress of trying to keep everyone happy, vacations can take a lot out of you!
For this reason, at Germain Honda of Naples, your preferred Honda dealership in Naples, Florida, we recommend taking what we call a “staycation.” Save money on vacation costs and stay in the beautiful city of Naples this Labor Day Weekend! There is so much to do right in your backyard, which is why we are sharing our top 7 ideas on how to make your staycation in Naples, Florida the best one yet!
1. Creative Cooking Your Way
Part of going away for a vacation is experiencing new foods and delectable meals at nights out for dinner. Why not become the chef on your staycation and cook up your own delicious meal? Whether you are feeling an Italian night with linguini carbonara or a Mexican dinner with shrimp tacos, there are tons of unique recipes online that you can try! Have some fun with it by putting on some corresponding background music, making some themed decorations, and inviting your friends over to experience your creative cooking. Before you know it, your kitchen table will be turned into the restaurant of your choice for a night! Continue reading “7 Fun & Easy Staycation Ideas for Your Labor Day Weekend”
Like Michael Jordan in 1993, the Honda Accord Hybrid unlaced its shoes after its 2015 model year and exited the arena, disappointing many of us at Germain Honda of Naples. Now, just a year removed from the hybrid game, the Accord Hybrid is ready to make its glorious return to the court. Boasting a more compact battery, upgraded styling, and improved fuel efficiency, the 2017 Honda Accord Hybrid certainly looks capable of mirroring His Airness’s post-retirement (and un-retirement) success by setting a new benchmark for eco-friendly vehicles in its segment.
Slotted to be one of the first 2017 Honda models to hit the market here in the Fort Myers area, the four-door hybrid will be available for purchase from Germain Honda of Naples later this season. Continue reading below for more information about the updated midsize sedan, or call our sales team at 877-813-2502 to discuss availability, prices, and set up a test drive at our Honda dealership near Ft. Myers.
The Accord Hybrid Proves that Two Heads are Better than One
Most noticeable on this new Accord Hybrid is the integration of a lighter, more compact lithium-ion battery pack and an updated two-motor hybrid system.
Let’s begin with the battery. Slightly less bulky than previous models—Honda’s claims that the packs are 33% smaller and 13% lighter appear legit—the new battery frees up a considerable amount of space. The sedan’s engineers took full advantage of this newly found roominess by bumping trunk capacity up to a best-in-segment 13.5 cubic feet. The additional space also leads us to the car’s impressive two-motor system, effectively called the “Sport Hybrid i-MMD.” Continue reading “The 2017 Honda Accord Hybrid: Honda’s Visionary New Sedan”
Ever since Honda stopped production of the Ridgeline in 2014, fans have been clamoring for a taste of what’s to come. Earlier this year, Honda satiated its fans’ hunger by announcing that the once-beloved truck would make a comeback in the form of its 2017 Honda Ridgeline model.
The newly redesigned 2017 Honda Ridgeline has officially made its debut, and you can find it now at Germain Honda of Naples. Check back in for more details about its release date, and schedule a test drive at our Honda dealership near Fort Myers by calling us at 877-813-2502.
What’s New with the 2017 Honda Ridgeline?
Postponing production in 2014, Honda engineers went back to the drawing board with the Ridgeline, keeping in mind both Ridgeline fans’ pros and its detractors’ cons.
The 2017 model now boasts a slimmer silhouette, more versatile truck bed and seating arrangements, and a modernized unibody frame. By refining the vehicle from scratch, the company’s engineers crafted a Honda pickup with all the modern flourishes one could ask for. In doing so, the Ridgeline is primed to stand toe-to-toe with its light-duty and mid-size competitors. Continue reading “Fans Rejoice: The Redesigned 2017 Honda Ridgeline Arrives”
Father’s Day is around the corner. Have you made any special plans for the dad in your life yet? What, you haven’t even gotten him a gift? Yeesh! You don’t have to buy him a new Honda vehicle to make his Father’s Day one to remember, but give him something! If nothing else, buying him a card at least shows you tried.
If you want to go the extra mile, look to these Father’s Day weekend events in the Naples and Fort Myers area for inspiration as you start planning.
Father’s Day at the Naples Zoo (Sunday, June 19th)
What proves to Dad that you’ve actually listened to his advice over the years? Taking advantage of something offered as free, that’s what.
For Father’s Day, the Naples Zoo is helping celebrate the occasion by admitting fathers into their facility for free (with child ticket purchase). Fathers can even bring an old bottle of aftershave or cologne as an equal trade for admission—and what father doesn’t have a box of eau de toilette from 1999 sitting in the closet?
The Naples Zoo is located at 1590 Goodlette Road in Naples, FL, and will be open on Sunday, June 19th from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Tickets can be purchased online or at the front gate. More details about this Father’s Day event can be found at napleszoo.org.
The 2016 FSL All-Star Game (June 17th and June 18th)
The all-new 2016 Honda Accord’s sporty exterior and elegant interior create one luxurious sedan. Spacious, available leather seating and bright LED lighting make the 2016 Honda Accord a sharp ride. Living up to Honda’s slogan, “The Power of Dreams” can be trying, but Honda’s latest all-new 2016 Honda Accord does not disappoint.
Drive to Impress
Identify yourself with the all-new 2016 Honda Accord’s aggressive exterior face. Pulling into the parking lot with its attractive grille, large wheels, and prominent Honda logo communicates confidence. You’ll look flashy on the outside while remaining relaxed and comfortable inside.
The all-new 2016 Honda Accord Touring is sharp and reliable when being driven in tough weather conditions. As you are driving through the pouring rain, the Accord’s new LED fog headlights will help you concentrate on the road ahead while the windshield wipers automatically adjust their own speed according to the rainfall.
Getting lost in the dark (or any time) is now a thing of the past, thanks to the 2016 Honda Accord’s satellite-linked navigation system with voice recognition. All you have to do is keep your eyes on the road, give some simple voice commands, and the all-new Accord Touring will guide you to your destination. Continue reading “New Accord: Restyled and Ready to Drive”
Springtime’s pleasant weather makes the outdoors irresistible, which is why your local Honda dealership near Ft. Myers wants you to get in on all the outdoor action. Blissful events are coming to both the Naples and Fort Myers communities so mark your calendars now because you do not want to miss out on good barbeque, fun festivals, and relaxing nature tours.
1. This St. Patty’s Day, celebrate your Irish (or non-Irish) heritage by joining in on the fun at the annual Patrick’s Day Block Party in Fort Myers. While at the St. Patrick’s Day Block Party and Pub Crawl, stop by different bars and restaurants between 6:00p.m.-11:00p.m. to enjoy live music, entertainment, food, and drinks.
2. Take a stroll along the Gulf Coast’s sandy Tigertail Beach and catch a glimpse of Florida’s natural wildlife. While enjoying your walk, keep an eye out for various birds including ospreys, pelicans, and plovers. Walks are free, but remember to bring binoculars, water, and sunscreen for the best experience.
3. Experience local wildlife in its natural habitat on the Rookery Bay Kayak Tour. During the two-hour paddle, visitors pass through the mangrove forest with an experienced tour guide. While learning about Florida’s plants and animals, be on the lookout for wading birds, osprey, fish and dolphins. Event prices are $49.00 for members and $59.00 for non-members.
4. Take a stroll along the white and powdery beach, boardwalk, and bay located in Clam Pass Park. The free and guided walk teaches you about the different creatures living in the habitat and about Florida’s history. These educational nature walks are going on now through April 30th from 9:00a.m.-11:00a.m.
5. Treat both yourself and your pup to a night out at the Bell Tower Shops for Yappy Hour. The fundraiser supports The Gulf Coast Humane Society and will have a meet-n-greet session with adoptable dogs. Listen to live music, participate in fun activities, and learn about available dogs looking for their forever homes on April 8th from 6p.m.-8p.m. Whether you’re out for a fun evening or thinking about adding a furry friend to the family, come show your support for The Gulf Coast Humane Society.
6. This Easter holiday, kids are welcome to take a ride on the Easter Bunny Express at Lakes Regional Park. While on the picturesque train ride you will see Easter decorations scattered throughout the lakes, woods and holiday-themed villages. The holiday fun runs through March 25th-27th from 10:00am-2:00pm. For more information and tickets call (239) 267-1905.
7. This spring, The Butterfly Estates wants to teach you about the importance of Florida’s butterflies and how to plant butterfly gardens. The Florida Native Butterfly Society, a Non- Profit Organization, wants the public to have a better understanding of how important it is to increase natural butterfly populations. This educational session is free to all and occurs on the first Sunday of every month.